The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
Why be an umpire when you can play ball?
Why be a sports better when you can play ball?
Traits I admire:
- Patience (I don’t have this)
- Focus and simplicity (H living simple tennis life; D constantly working throughout day)
- Pursuing something for intrinsic value rather than achievement (playing violin in a band for fun)
- Balancing intrinsic pursuit with achievement
- Ability to not take themselves too seriously but take other people very seriously
- Drive to organize, foment and lead communities
Traits I dislike: